Work With a Professional Concrete Driveway Contractor
Are you looking to increase the value of your home? A new driveway can help you improve safety, increase property value, and so much more. When it comes to investing in a new driveway, you may feel overwhelmed by the wide range of materials and styles available.
As one of the top concrete driveway contractors in Southeast Michigan, G&G Concrete & Construction firmly believes that a concrete driveway is the best option for homeowners in the region.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of concrete driveway installations, or contact us today to request a quote.
Should You Invest In a Concrete Driveway?
A concrete driveway installation remains the most popular among residential property owners. The slabs can easily handle heavy traffic when installed by an experienced concrete driveway contractor.
The question that property owners need answered isn’t whether a concrete driveway is functional—it’s whether you should spend your hard-earned money on one. These are many reasons why a concrete driveway installation is a good use of your resources. These reasons include:
- Longevity: A solid concrete driveway can last upwards of 30 to 50 years with minimal maintenance. That’s typically 50 to 60% longer than asphalt driveways.
- Weather: One of the driving reasons for concrete’s popularity stems from its ability to manage heat, cold, and sunlight. Materials such as asphalt significantly expand and contract with seasonal temperatures, and that leads to cracks. Concrete remains increasingly more firm and also reflects sunlight to maintain a steady temperature.
- Maintenance: Reduced expansion, contraction, and concrete’s robust weight-bearing capacity make it ideal for property owners who don’t want more annual chores. This low-maintenance option provides decades of use without ongoing upkeep expenses.
- Resale: Concrete driveways add curb appeal. Buyers like the clean lines and knowledge they won’t need to make ongoing repairs, and they’ll get that with a concrete driveway.
The return on investment for a concrete driveway installation also makes it worthwhile. A paved driveway can raise property values by as much as 10%. Other estimates indicate the return on investment for paving a previously crushed stone driveway hovers between 50 to 75%. Read more about investing in a concrete driveway here.
How Much Does a Concrete Driveway Cost?
A concrete driveway installation runs between $4 and $15 per square foot, with an average cost of about $6 per square foot. Factors including size, slab reinforcement, location, decorative aspects, and whether a driveway removal is needed may influence the expense. Other sometimes overlooked cost-drivers include the following:
- Staining: Adding color to a concrete driveway increases its aesthetic value by matching the home or adding a decorative element to the grounds. This process is performed before the slab hardens and adds labor and materials costs.
- Stamping: Skilled concrete driveway contractors can stamp patterns and textures into the slab to give it a new dimension. Although it adds to the overall square foot price, a durable concrete driveway can take on the appearance of inlaid stone, marble, or tile.
- Heating: People who dislike shoveling snow can install heated coils that slow-melt accumulations. This feature minimizes the shoveling burden and reduces slip and fall injury risks from ice build-ups.
A concrete driveway installation still remains a cost-effective way to improve a home. A basic slab remains relatively expensive and delivers a good return on investment. While little extras add to the initial cost, they deliver lasting value.
Hire a Professional Concrete Contractor
When upgrading your home, it’s essential to work with experienced concrete driveway contractors. That’s because professionals do this type of work every day and know how to recognize problem areas and get quality results. When people try to save money by attempting DIY installations, their driveways usually suffer cracking and require early replacement.
By hiring a knowledgeable concrete driveway contractor, you can avoid costly mistakes and save money in the long run.
Call G&G Concrete & Construction Today
G&G Concrete & Construction has been a leading concrete driveway contractor for over 20 years. If you are considering a new driveway or upgrading an existing one, call (586) 571-0336 or fill out our online form today to request a consultation or a quote.